by Charles Cheng, CFA
As 2023 and the Year of the Rabbit is upon us, many people are again making New Year’s Resolutions for themselves such as losing weight, quitting smoking, and building habits for self-improvement. It’s also a good time to review your investment habits to improve your performance for the long term, regardless of if you’re a full time or part time investor.
隨著 2023 年和兔年的臨近，許多人都在再次為自己制定新年立志，例如減肥、戒菸和養成其他自我提升的習慣。 而無論你是全職還是兼職投資者，這時也是回顧你的投資習慣以長期改善你的表現的好時機。
Here are a few good annual habits to practice:
- Review your portfolio: Take the time to review your current portfolio and make sure it is still aligned with your investment goals and risk tolerance.
- Rebalance your portfolio: Rebalancing your portfolio involves making sure that your investments are still in the right proportion according to your investment strategy. This can help to reduce risk and ensure that you are taking advantage of market opportunities.
- 重新平衡您的投資組合：重新平衡您的投資組合包括根據您的投資策略確保您的投資仍然處於正確的比例水平。 這有助於降低風險並確保您正在利用市場機會。
- Update your investment plan: Review your investment plan and make any necessary changes to reflect your current situation and goals.
- Check your beneficiaries: Make sure that the beneficiaries on your investment accounts are up-to-date.
- Depending on your country, taxes can have a significant impact on investment performance so consider if any action needs to be taken to maintain tax efficiency.
- Revisit investment fees: Review the fees you are paying for each investment and consider whether they are reasonable in relation to the performance of the investment.
- Re-evaluate your risk tolerance: Changes in your life and personal circumstances can also affect your risk tolerance, hence it’s good to revisit it periodically.
- Stay informed: Keep yourself informed about general market trends, economic conditions and any specific information related to your investments.
Finally, it’s a good opportunity to reflect on the year just finished. What new lessons were learned from the investment environment of the past year? What were some of the mistakes you made and what were the times you made good decisions? Keeping good investing habits is a responsibility for anyone with the savings to deploy, not just professionals. By spending just a little time each year, you can help your chances for long term consistent investment performance as well as generate some peace of mind for yourself.
最後，這是回顧剛剛結束的一年的好機會。 過去一年的投資環境有哪些新的教訓？你犯過哪些錯誤，你在哪些時候做出了正確的決定？保持良好的投資習慣是任何有儲蓄投資的人應該具備的，而不僅僅是專業人士。 通過每年花一點時間，您可以幫助自己獲得長久的有連貫性的投資業績的機會，並讓您自己獲得內心的平靜。
This article reflects the personal views of the author and not any firm’s and should not be viewed as an investment recommendation